| On the Project
“Carpathian Starry Sky” (PBU2/0809/18)
The magical charm of a starry sky acts as an inspiration for many. After all, communal stargazing is not only a science or education, but also fun and the beginning of many friendships and hobbies. Project will give to people "new point of view" to starry sky and light pollution problems of night nature heritage and show beauty of night nature, especially Carpathian starry sky.
The project is focused on the development of cooperation between Poland and Ukraine regarding:
1) Common environmental research and development of strategy for popularization and preservation of natural and cultural heritage of starry sky in the cross-border area - Bieszczady Starry Sky Park and Transcarpathian Dark Sky Park areas and their surroundings. The artificial light pollution is spread over the borders and coordination of common actions for environment protections is necessary.
2) Realization of the developed strategy illustrated by small pilot project in Ukraine. Project will create the new starry sky educational route at Transcarpathian Dark-Sky Park.
3) Strengthening the institutional capacity of stakeholders in the field of tourism, preservation, revitalization and protection of natural heritage objects. Participants of astro-tourist training (at Bieszczady Starry Sky Park) will receive a practical introduction to the secrets of astronomy, will study under the eye of experts and will work with professional equipment.
4) Increasing information awareness of the population and tourists. Both Transcarpathian Dark-Sky Park and Bieszczady Starry Sky Park will be registered at international database of such parks and will be better known at international astro-tourist and ecologists community.
5) Image cultivation of the cross-border regions in the promotion and natural heritage preservation sphere; increasing the diversity and quality of tourist services.